Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Thanksgiving
Every thanksgiving my whole family goes to my grandma’s house for a feast. My uncle and aunt and cousins all come in from Chicago to stay at my grandmas for the break. Every year the same people come to my grandmas my 2 uncles and my aunt and my 3 cousins all come along with my family which includes my mom, step-dad and my 3 older brothers. Every year we eat the same thing we have mashed potatoes and gravy and a big turkey along with stuffing and beets and a big salad and these delicious rolls that my grandma makes. For dessert we have two different kinds of pie we get the original apple pie and a chocolate crème pie.
Every year a day after thanksgiving my uncle takes me and my cousins to a hotel and we stay there for one night and we go swimming and usually every hotel he picks has a water park so me and my cousins are in there all day until closing time then we sleep and go home the next day the last two days of the break we don’t do a whole lot. Last year my step dad took me and my cousins to a movie but I don’t know about this year. Thanksgiving is probably my second favorite holiday except Christmas but the cool thing is there right next to each other on the calendar. I love thanksgiving so much because it’s a time to bring your entire family together to eat the best meal of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment